Lab Automation: Advances and Trends in the Water/Wastewater Market
January 16, 2018: Accelerated Technology Laboratories, Inc. (ATL), the leader in Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS), will kickoff the 2018 ATL Webcast Series on Wednesday, January 17th with Lab Automation: Advances and Trends in the Water/Wastewater Market. During 2018, we will dedicate several of our monthly webcasts to key industry segments, discussing common challenges and how these are mitigated through the use of laboratory automation. In January, we will spotlight the water/wastewater field and highlight best practices in managing water quality data.
This webcast focuses on testing in the water/wastewater industry and laboratories that perform testing for water utilities. This would include large manufacturing operations that discharge, contract environmental laboratories, electric and nuclear power utilities and public health agencies. We will cover key advances and trends in laboratory automation and artificial intelligence that have recently gained momentum in the sector, and highlight the reasons for their importance.
Topics Covered During the Webcast
Who Should Attend
- TREND: Impact of high profile news stories like lead contamination in Flint, MI has put a renewed focus on water quality testing in the United States.
- TREND: State and local government budgets continue to shrink, putting more pressure on public utilities to maintain quality of service with fewer resources.
- TREND: Government and industry regulatory compliance requirements continue to put pressure on the laboratory's ability to provide timely and accurate reporting.
- ADVANCE: The use of mobile technology in field or bench data collection is providing significant productivity gains along with cost savings in the laboratory.
- ADVANCE: Investing in a modern and complete LIMS solution, including technologies like barcoding and instrument integration, can significantly increase lab productivity and data quality while reducing operational costs and the risk of regulatory compliance violations.
- ADVANCE: Commercial laboratories focused on environmental testing for water/wastewater utilities are gaining a competitive advantage by investing in LIMS with secure web portals to provide real-time access to results and reports anytime and anywhere.
Recommended attendees include laboratory owners, directors and managers, and quality managers in the water/wastewater, environmental, energy and public health sectors.
ATL, headquartered in West End, NC, provides total data management solutions to a variety of industries from analytical, environmental, food & beverage, water and wastewater, chemical, government, public health, clinical testing, forensics and manufacturing. ATL's LIMS products are installed in over 575 laboratories around the world and supported by a steadfast commitment to excellence in product quality, support and training.